As of December 9th, 2019, the U.S. DEPARTMENT of STATE — BUREAU of CONSULAR AFFAIRS has issued a travel advisory for US travelers to exercise increased caution in Tanzania. As a traveler, planning to come to Tanzania, you are wondering what this means. Below is some information from the Us department state and tips from our trip coordinators.
If you decide to travel to Tanzania, here are tips from US Department of State:
- Always carry a copy of your U.S. passport and visa and keep original documents in a secure location.
- Keep a low profile
- Be aware of your surroundings.
- Do not leave your food or drink unattended.
- Stay alert in all locations, especially those frequented by Westerners.
- Avoid public displays of affection particularly between same-sex couples.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- Follow the Department of State and the US Embassy in Tanzania on Facebook and Twitter
- Review the Crime and Safety Report for Tanzania.
- Prepare a contingency plan for emergency situations. Review the Traveler’s Checklist.
- Assistance for. US travelers - Contact the U.S. Embassy in Tanzania, located at 686 Old Bagamoyo Road, Dar es Salaam, via the Consular Section at firstname.lastname@example.org from Monday-Thursday, 7:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. and Fridays from 7:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. The after-hours emergency number for U.S. citizens is +255-22-229-4000
Extra Travel Tips as you travel with us at Curious on Tanzania:
- Get travelers insurance
- Be aware of your clothing - Try to fit in with the local culture.
- If traveling in a group, always stay with the group, Ask your trip coordinator for advise
- Keep your trip coordinators informed of your where about (Before, during, after) If any
- Email your itinerary/ flight information to your Friends/Family
- Don't share too much with strangers
- Always remember that there are trip coordinators to ask and get advise from
If you have any questions or need assistance in planning your trip, please reach out to us at email@example.com or social media at @curiousontanzania