1. APPLICATION FORM:
- Apply in Person: Complete this visa application form, print and sign as an applicant and take it to the embassy in Washington DC or New York Embassies (For no additional application processing fees, only pay the visa fees) (more cost info and address at the end)
- Apply online: Get your visa in 72hrs or less. (Remember there is an extra fee for processing)
- Check your actual passport to ensure its valid for at least 6 months.
- If you are planning for other travels, keep in mind, the visa process may take up to 2weeks to get you passport back form the embassy. If you only have 2-3weeks before your trip, you can get visa upon arrival (just be get ready for the long lines at the airport)
3. SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS:
- Have your two passport sized photographs ready (if not, you can go and take it at a pharmancy store near you. less then $10, just tell them you want passport pictures taken).
- Provide flight itinerary, ticket or tour operator package receipt.
- People traveling for specific reasons other than tourism must submit a letter from their organization or office. These include but not limited to volunteers, people attending meetings & conferences, studies, diplomatic, official and any other business not mentioned here.
sample of visa copy. (picture outsourced)
4. VISA FEES AND PAYMENTS:
- US Citizens: $100 (Multiple entry) for one year, 90 Days at a time
- Non-US Citizens: $50 (Single entry) for 90 Days
- Non-US Citizens: $100 (Double entry) for 90 Days each
- Money Order or Cashier’s Check.
- Company or Organization Checks
- Personal Checks – Should be accompanied by a copy of valid driver’s license or simply write the driver’s license number on the check
- Cash is NOT accepted.
- All checks and money orders should be made Payable to the Embassy of Tanzania, Washington DC.
NOTE: Visa Fee is NON REFUNDABLE.
5. APPLY IN PERSON: CONSULAR SERVICES
Monday – Thursday:
- Visa drop off: 9.00 am – 1.00 pm
- Visa pick up: 3.00 pm – 5.00 pm
Friday: Visa drop off: 9.00 am – 12.00 pm | Visa pick up: 12.00 pm – 2.00 pm
* Keep in mind, the visa process may take up to 2weeks to get you passport back form the embassy, so plan ahead.
If mailing: Make sure you include a prepaid self-addressed envelope to facilitate return of passport by the most secure mail. TIP: Be sure you are able to track it. FedEx and UPS are accepted.
6. OTHER INFO:
Note: The Embassy shall NOT be responsible for any loss or damage which occurred due to poor packaging, or that which occurred at courier handling facility.
- Parental Approval for minors:
Visa applications for minors under 18 years traveling alone or with only one parent/legal guardians should be accompanied by: A notarized letter, jointly signed by parents or legal guardians approving the minor to travel. A copy of their ID
Read more info on visa application here.